- In 2011, the Easter Seals Regatta Rally was retooled to be
relevant to our regular racing fleet and to help ensure that our clubs
do all they can to help Easter Seals Ontario families. The Rally has
been renamed the “Secret Racers Regatta" (SRR) and it has been
integrated into the regular club races. Boats can win by racing in the
regular club races the week of July 9th, with the added twist of a bit
of fundraising and volunteering!! Easy to participate and you have a
chance to win great prizes (not to mention prestige bragging rights)
- Scoring will be determined by combined standings in three
- On Water Race: Standing in the regular weekly race the week
9th. Boats racing on more than one night will be scored with their best
position. If a club race is cancelled that week, we will use the
scoring of the next week when all races are run.
- Fundraising Race: Standing in Easter Seals fundraising as
July 13th (fundraising total for the boat and crew).
- Volunteer Race: Standing in terms of percentage of your
participate in or volunteer for the ES Events (Skippers will be trusted
to report for their boat).
- The SRR will take place during the week of July 9, 2012.
- The SRR is open to all registered racers (Mon, Tues, Wed,
NSC, BYC and CVGR.
- The SRR will not interfere with regular racing schedule,
- Minimum fundraising is $25.
- Every participant will receive an Easter Seals Burgee .
Please fly it
the week of July 9th and if they are available earlier, show your
Regatta pride and fly it for the month of July!
- Sponsor or donated prizes for First, Second and Third place
based on combined results in the 3 “races”.
- Raising over $250 makes you
a “Pirate” and eligible for 50% off 2 tickets to the Saturday July 14th
Luau. Over $500, you are a “Privateer” and get 2 tickets for free!
- To be eligible, boats must register for Secret Racers
- Fundraising can be done using the online system at the ES
site above, or by printing the paper pledge form and going “old
- To register as a volunteer, sign up at
http://nsc.ca/web2/easterseals/volunteer. You’ll be added to the list
and contacted with jobs available. The Easter Seals team will contact
each skipper that registered to get their volunteer percentage.