Verify your registration for club racing
This page is for club racing. For regattas, check the regatta pages.
DISCLAIMER — The list of registered dinghies and keelboats are updated frequently at the start of the season April 1st to June 15th — note the revision date at the top of each downloaded list. Thereafter, race registrations and PHRF applications are processed as they are received and the appropriate scorers are notified accordingly. After racing commences, you should plan on a 2-week turn-around time for processing of race registrations. If you tend to procrastinate, we suggest you read about “NR” (not registered) codes in race results.
List Updated: 2024-02-08.
To confirm your registration, please open/download a pdf of the 2024 list of dinghies registered for racing. Dinghy racers should check this list to ensure that they are registered.
If you are not yet registered, please visit the Registration page and complete your race registration to ensure that you are scored.
List Updated: 2024-02-08.
To confirm your registration, please open/download a pdf of the 2024 list of keelboats registered for racing. Keelboat racers should check this list to confirm that they are registered, including payment receipt for their PHRF fee, submission of the race registration form, and validity of their PHRF certificate. If any of the aforementioned steps are incomplete, the boat will not be scored until the registration process is complete.
Some boats have paid for their PHRF fee but have not submitted a race registration form. If you are in this situation, please visit the Registration page and complete your race registration, to ensure that you are scored.
Racers should note that some PHRF handicaps change each year based on the performance of all boats in a particular class. This means that you may be racing in a different fleet this year compared to the previous year. For example, a boat that raced in JAM B last year may be racing in JAM C this year, or vice versa.
The information in the NSC Keelboat Race Registrants & PHRF Certificate Holders spreadsheet (referred to as the “list” above) is mostly self-explanatory. However, below is an explanation of the columns that might not be obvious:
- Registered: If you’ve paid your PHRF fee*, submitted your race registration form, and completed the process of applying for a PHRF certificate, there should be a “Y” in this column. If not, there may be something outstanding. *The PHRF fee is not required for those few keelboats that only race one-design.
- Preliminary: If there is a “Y” in this column, it means you have completed all the necessary steps, and the NSC handicapper has issued you a preliminary handicap. However, PHRF-LO has not yet updated their database (they are behind schedule). In 95% of cases, your new handicap will reflect the preliminary handicap. If it doesn’t, you will be notified. You are good to race.
- FS ASP: This is the boat’s Flying Sail (spinnaker) PHRF handicap, used for Tuesday night PHRF racing.
- NFS ASP: This is the boat’s Non-Flying Sail handicap, used for Thursday night JAM racing.
- A “1” in the Women’s, PHRF, JAM or One-Design column indicates that the boat is registered for that racing series. Similarly, a “1” in the LD-FS column indicates that the boat is registered for the Interclub Long-Distance Series using a flying sail; while a “1” in the LD-NFS column indicates that the boat is registered for the ILD Series as a JAM boat.
The above file is essentially a compilation of information from approximately 150 race registration forms. This list contains thousands of fields and may contain errors. It is the responsibility of each racer to review the information and report any errors to the NSC Race Registrar. Errors in this list will not be grounds for redress.
Racers can view and download their PHRF-LO certificates on the PHRF-LO website. It is recommended that you verify that your PHRF-LO handicap is correctly recorded. Additionally, please check the information for your competitors. If a handicap on the PHRF-LO website does not match what is recorded in this list, please send an e-mail to the NSC Handicapper.
If you have any questions about your race registration, please email Race-Registration.