There is two distinct ways to search for Winners:
Search by Events/Winners
This search will extract all the Trophies matching a combination of year(s), Events and/or Winners.
- The Awards Database contains over 1,500 records! Unlike the Trophy Gallery, it is not practical to display them all.
- To limit the number of fetched records, you must provide at least:
- a full 4-digit year, OR
- a 0-3 digit year (like 200 for 2000 to 2009) AND another search parameter.
- You may enter or not a value in any of the input boxes, using only partial numbers or words. For instance, for the year you have entered in the year box,
- Enter 'one' in the Event box to see all One-Design events winners, or,
- Enter 'su' in the Series box to see all Summer series winners, or,
- Enter 'C' in the Class box to see all the C&C class winners, or,
- Enter any combination of the above to narrow the results set.
- To find All the races ever won by a particular boat, clear the year box and enter a know value in the Boat box. For instance, entering "blue" will return the 90+ awards won by "Blue Zulu", "Blue Mist" and other "Blue xxx" named boats ince records are tallied.
- Searches are case independent: UPPER, lower and MiXeD cases will return the same results.
- The results are displayed in a NEW page or tab. Close it when done. This will return you to this page with your selections intact.
Search by Trophy Name>
This search will extract all the recorded Events/Winners for a given Trophy selected by name.
There are more than 60 trophies in the Gallery. To minimize the size of the selection drop-down menu, a two-stage trophy name search is implemented:
- First, enter the first few characters of a known trophy's name, press tab or click on the next input box. A "Matching trophies list fetched" message will appear in the Status Box.
- Then, select the desired trophy by name in the "Matching Trophy Names" drop down list.
- Finally, press the Submit button.
- The results are displayed in a NEW page or tab that lists, by year, all the winners associated with your selected trophy. Close it when done to return to this page.