Sponsored and maintained by the NSC Harbour Committee and the Harbourmaster:
“Getting your Boats in and out of the water since 1979”
Here are some things that you need to know about your boat and its relationship with the NSC Yard and Harbour. Things such as important dates, preparations for Launch or Haulout and where to store your stuff. Every year, a lot of questions are asked about how the Harbour and Yard operate. We’re always happy to answer them and welcome suggestions and comments.
The Yard and Harbour are set up each year based on NSC’s “Harbour Policy” and “Mooring Allocation Policy”, two documents that describe the “rules of the road” so-to-speak. Have a look at the Policy documents on NSC’s website; you might be surprised to see what’s already there!
Up to Date Information
- Mooring Allocations – Note: to view this page, you need to sign-in using the Last (Family) Name and Full Member’s Number as written on your Member’s Card
- Launch Preparations and Launch-Day Procedures
- Preparing for Commercial Haulout and what to do on Haulout Day
- List of boats signed up for Commercial Haulout (updated when available)
- Parking in the Yard – When and Where
- Service Docs Rules Of The Road – How to use these shared resources
- Why your Haulout date is tied to your expected Launch date
- Hazardous waste disposal on NSC grounds
Members may book a crane on-line.
To use the Cranes at NSC, you must be a member and have attended a Crane Familiarization session (spring and fall dates announced on the NSC splash page). Review the videos and documentation on Crane useage.
Buying Or Selling A Boat?
If you are buying a boat at NSC or planning to sell your boat to an NSC member, keep in mind that any slip associated with the vessel is not transferable. A more detailed description can be found in NSC’s Mooring Allocation Policy. See the page, New Boats and Boat Upgrades.
Page updated: 2020-05-27.
2020-05-27: HM: Removed a signature block inadvertently added to this page 2020-05-26. Changed “Slip Assignments” to “Mooring Allocations”, for consistency. Other minor editorial updates. Uderlined Last Name and Membership #.
2020-05-26: DS: Reorganized first section links in more logical order: ‘Up to date information’ for time sensitive information, and ‘Directives’ for invariant or long term directive.
2020-05-25: HM: Added this update log. Shortened “https://nsc.ca/web2/harbour-and-yard/parking-an-traffic-in-the-yard-during-the-boating-season/” to “/web2/harbour-and-yard/parking-in-yard/”. Changed absolute links to relative links.
2019-06: DS: Unspecified updates.
2013-05-22: HM: Page created.
Page maintained by Harbourmaster.