If you are hauling your boat with the Commercial cranes:
Please be aware of the Haul-out activity and respect the people under the hard hats – they are volunteers. You will be allowed in the yard (without vehicles) but must stay clear of the Haul-out area – and will not, be able to use either of the crane wells.
No vehicles are allowed in the yard after 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning and the gates will remain closed until the cranes leave after Haul-out.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Please keep your eyes open for potential safety issues and report them to a Haul-out crew member ASAP (anyone with a hard hat). Unless you are part of the Haul-out crew, please stay outside the yellow tape unless being escorted by a safety officer.
On Haulout Day
- Arrive at NSC early. You and your crew should be on site by 0800 hours (earlier if you are first to Haul-out).
- When you arrive, register with any radio person at the clubhouse or with the safety crew. Ensure that you know which of the cranes you are scheduled for.
- Bring your FRS radio, listen on Channel 10 or stay nearby and listen to the club pa system
- When your name/boat is called, bring your boat promptly to the haul-out dock. If you need a tow, notify the tow boats well in advance of your being called and indicate which of the two cranes you are scheduled for.
- Turn your boat over tp the dock crews and ensure you tell them if there are special instructions for positioning the straps (prop shafts, sail drives, sensors etc.).
- Leave your boat and wait beside your cradle.
- Ensure that your boat is set on your cradle properly – this is your responsibility.
- Once your boat is secure in its cradle move out of the haul-out area, you cannot stay with your boat or work on it until all boats have been hauled.
- One last item: Haul-out is run completely by volunteers – a thank-you goes a long way
In general, there is no entry to the Haul-out area for any reason until the cranes have left the site. This helps keep a well coordinated and safe Haul-out.
Thanks for your cooperation.
NSC Haul-out Crew
Page maintained by Harbourmaster.