Boat • Explore • Belong
With exceptional value and a relaxed friendly culture, NSC is the natural choice for sailors and boaters in the capital region. In just 40 years, NSC has become one of Canada’s largest and most active sailing clubs. Whether you’re looking to learn, sail, boat, or socialise, we have something for you and the whole family.
Come explore NSC: most of what you will see has been built by our member’s volunteerism, community spirit, and a shared love of boating! More than just excellent boating and facilities, NSC is a club to belong.
|Day Sail Dinghy, Keel, Catamaran||Race Club Series, Regattas, Distance||Cruise Upriver, Reciprocal Clubs|
|Power Fish, Board, Pontoon||Learn Youth, Adult, Able Sail||Entertain Dining, Functions, Seminars|
|Social Year Round, On/Off Water||Volunteer Project, Programs, Committees||Community Charity, Public, Partnerships|
Memberships & Dry Sail Slips Available for 2021!
Located in Dick Bell Park on the south shore of Lac Deschêne, NSC is just 5 minutes from the 416/417 interchange and 20 minutes from downtown by car, and on the Ottawa River Pathway by bike.
- Full season (May-Nov) access to 25 Nm of Ottawa River – more sailing/boating value!
- Award winning clubhouse with bar, galley, and casual dining year round – best deck in the city!
- Picnic areas with gazebos, tables and children’s play areas onsite.
- Clubhouse and Harbour WiFi.
- Year round Social program including Friday night music, family events, and special functions.
- Award winning Sail Canada Youth and Adaptive sail training and programs.
- Adult dinghy, keelboat, and power training and skills clinics.
- Comprehensive sailing program; club racing (4 nights/wk), regattas, social sailing, women’s sailing.
- Sail Share keelboat and dinghy program – sailing without boat ownership!
- Winter speaker series and educational seminars.
Top-Class Marine Facilities
- Kopf Marine floating docks with 500+ finger wet moorings – new docktops!
- Drysail keelboat and power launch and yard storage.
- Large Dinghy Park with dedicated launch ramps, docks & facilities.
- Two wells with 10,000lb cranes, masting cranes, and trailer launch – free for members!
- Multiple service docks with fresh water, power, and pump-out – free for members!
- Onsite marine repair and service contractors available – or DIY!
- Secure boat, mast, and tender winter storage onsite.
- Volunteer self-help club without mandatory hours – the benefits speak for themselves!
- No large upfront dock/club debentures or dining room minimums.
- And so much more for our members! See the Membership Benefits cheat sheet detailing additional features.
|Membership Categories & Fees||Book A Private Tour!||Join Today!|
Page updated: 2020-06-13.
13 Jun: HM: Changed mailto link to Book a Tour, from “firstname.lastname@example.org” to “email@example.com”.
25 Feb: RE: Redisplayed “slips still available for 2020”.
19 Apr: RE: Made url new landing page under “Join NSC” menu button
16 Feb: DS: fixed Header hiercarchy (h2 followed by h3, not h4 – do not use header levels for styling).
15 Feb: HM: Added this update log. Minor editorial changes (e.g. changed “member’s” to “members'” (more than one member)
10 Feb: DS: tweaked bottom “highlights” (font color and hard lines).
?? Feb: Ross Ernst created new page. Format edits by DS.
Page maintained by Membership Director.