The Nepean Sailing Club, a family orientated, volunteer based Sailing Club situated in the west end of Ottawa, is currently recruiting a Hospitality Manager to join its food and beverage team. The ideal candidate possesses a positive upbeat personality, capable of being both outgoing and sincere. The individual will be dedicated, insightful and passionate in providing a top level membership / client services.
The Hospitality Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the NSC’s front of house operation. This includes but is not limited to overseeing personnel, purchasing of bar supplies, performing inventories and ensuring that service facilities are kept in a presentable fashion. The incumbent will maintain a harmonious atmosphere that fosters positive club culture, paired with quality hospitality services experience for all users of the service amenities.
In addition, the position requires an ownership mentality in promoting the NSC’s hospitality (bar, food and events) services to members and outside guests of the club. Hospitality Manager will monitor daily sales and costs related to both labour and cost of goods sold for the purpose of operating in a fiscally responsible manner. A key aspect of the position will be that the Hospitality Manager maintains a close working relationship with the Kitchen Manager and their team in order to maximize service efficiency.
Day to Day
- Oversee the day to day front of house operations
- Maintains hospitable service environment for members and guests to frequent.
- Troubleshoots service related issues.
- Partake in regular meetings with both the Business Manager, Kitchen Manager and service team members.
- Provide support to staff during rushes (e.g.) assist staff with service when required.
- Works in tandem with Kitchen Manager to ensure services runs efficiently.
- Weekly scheduling bar and service staff.
- Recruitment and training of bar and service staff.
- Holding team meetings.
- Monitoring staff bar and service performance.
- Trouble shooting any staffing issues related to bar and service staff.
- Assist with the planning process related to NSC social events.
- Assist with the planning & develop of promotional & marketing strategies for external event rentals.
- Be key go to for external event rental inquiries.
- Ensure that all events are staffed accordingly.
- Be onsite during events to ensure a managerial presence and quality assurance are maintained.
- Coordinate with organizers and kitchen staff during event to ensure smooth operation of services.
- Perform event follow-ups with hosts / organizers.
- Perform event P&L’s
Inventory & Purchasing
- Perform beverage inventories.
- Be responsible for purchasing of bar products and supplies.
- Ensure all alcoholic products comply with commercial license regulations established by the Government of Ontario.
- Works with Business Manager to establish pricing.
Important: This position entails that the incoming individual complies with the N.S.C.’s Covid-19 protocols.
- Experience: Two – three years as a Hospitality Manager, college diploma or university degree in hospitality management, or a combination of experience and education.
- Private/public club experience is a plus.
- Clear, quality based communicator
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, industry trends and standards.
- Event management experience.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Strong knowledge of P.O.S. systems, Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Capable of working significant hours standing.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Full time (five days per week), year round, permanent
- Days evenings and weekends
- 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Busy summer season, with small decline in business during winter months.
- To Business Manager
- Business Manager
- Vice Commodore
- Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
- Office Administrator
- Club Accountant
- Property Manager
To be discussed in person and is dependent on experience. To be based on 40 hour work week.
- Medical plan
- Discount on in-house food purchases
- Free parking
Please submit resume and cover letter and provide proof of valid Smart Serve certification to Business Manager, email address: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We will work with you to accommodate your needs in line with the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation through the application or interview processes, or any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Business Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page maintained by Business Manager.