This site is primarily of interest to Ottawa area C&C 27 sailors, and those who might be interested in joining the local C&C 27 fleet.
C&C 27 Sailing on the Ottawa River
- Dedication of The Mike O’Sullivan Cup, awarded to the C&C 27 finishing first overall for the season, in the Interclub One-Design racing.
- Check out this YouTube video, “Welcome to the Ottawa C&C 27 Fleet”, with photos & video of the 2012 Ontario Championships (the NOD), cruising on the Ottawa River, and our famous raft-ups.
- Read Dawn Fasken’s article from the May 2008 issue of The Telltale about C&C 27 sailing in Ottawa — Have your cake and eat it too.
- The C&C 27 seems to be the ideal boat for Ottawa for those who want to both race and cruise — there are over 50 C&C 27s (not including ~8 MK 5s) spread between the three clubs on the Upper Ottawa River.
- In Ottawa, C&C 27s enjoy good racing two nights a week: Tuesdays we race PHRF Division 2 with similar boats, and on Thursdays we get our own start for One-Design racing.
- C&C 27 Raft-ups are an Ottawa tradition — click here to learn more about these enjoyable social events.
Information about the C&C 27
- Class Association Rules & Constitution. (The class rules are somewhat buried on this page.)
- General Description & Features – an overview.
- Differences between the different Marks – An evolution of the C&C 27 from the Mk 1 to the MK 4.
- C&C 27 Class Association Home Page – A great place to learn more about the C&C 27.
- C&C 27 Forum – A great place to ask questions, and read discussions related to the C&C 27.
Purchasing a C&C 27
- Boats for sale: Looking for a boat? Try these C&C 27 searches:
- Buyer’s Tips, a must read intro on the C&C 27 Association’s website, for anyone looking to buy a C&C 27. Want a printable version? Here’s an MS Word version.
- Buying a boat in the U.S. This is an option definitely worth considering.
- A Pre-Purchase Checklist. This is a list that I put together when we were looking for a boat, to record notes on how the boat was rigged and equipped.
- Boats for Sale Tracking Sheet. Within a few weeks of starting our search, we’d looked at 20+ boats on the Internet; this table helped us track all those boats at a glance.
- Inspecting and Surveying a Used Sailboat & The Transaction of Buying a Used Sailboat – Two very informative articles from Michael McGoldrick’s Sailquest website.
- A Generalized Purchase Agreement & Bill of Sale in MS Word format, prepared using the above guidance. (Note: I’m not a lawyer and we didn’t consult one, so use this at your own risk, but it worked well for us.)
- All photos, presented using Googles’s Web Albums. You may download high resolution copies of most of these photos.
- Ontario Championships, 23-24 June 2012. Another great event, held as part of the Nepean One-Design Regatta.
- One-design Race, 17 July 2008. Some nice on-water shots with spinnakers.
- Raft-up, Thursday, 26 June 2008. There were severe thunderstorms at 5 p.m. and it didn’t look like we’d be racing or rafting up, but in the end 13 C&C’s rafted up for a good party on the water. We just forgot to anchor, so had to break up when the wind started to come up. A few of these shots were taken by Islay Mist, the 13th boat, and the first to depart.
- Nepean One-Design, Saturday, 21 June 2008. There was no wind, so an impromptu raft-up was in order. Hugh got winched to the top of Makai’s mast for a few photos; then the youngest member of the fleet decided she wanted to check out the view, and stayed up for two hours! Of course, the wind came up after the races were cancelled for the day.
- Raft-up, Thursday, 2 August 2007. The first C&C 27 raft-up, after most boats sailed an extended W course. Ten boats partied until well after dark.
For more information on C&C 27 Sailing in Ottawa, e-mail Hugh Morrin.
Hugh Morrin, Blue Zulu, C&C 27 MK III, #894.
Page updated: 2021-04-24.
15 May: First draft.
8 Sep: Content added.
11 Jan: Moved update log. Changed title at top of page.
8 Apr: Date change only.
18 Jul: Updated CC 27 List.
9 Sep: Added link to Buyer’s tips on C&C 27 site.
12 Sep: Added Google Search.
15 Sep: Made W3C compliant, by correcting all references to ampersands.
Moved CC 27 searches up higher in the list, re-ordered.
Added link “Return to the Main Racing Page”.
Added link to “Buying a boat in the U.S.”.
17 Sep: Added MS Word version of Buyer’s Tips.
5 Jan: Changed links to all lower case.
Changed links to Boats.com
26 Mar: Fixed broken links, mostly due to capitalization errors.
2 May: Rearranged page a little. Added link to Dawn Fasken’s article in the Telltale.
10 Jul: Added links to various photos.
11 Jul: Changed link to misc photos.
16 Jul: Updated number of -27s on the river.
21 Jul: Added link to NOD photos.
25 Jul: Added panorama images top & bottom.
26 Jul: Linked above panorama images to Picasa website.
25 Jun: Added link to raft-up page.
28 Jul: DS fixed unescaped ‘&’ lines 158 and 173
25 Sep: HM used CC27@nsc.ca alias.
18 Apr: 50 C&C 27s.
14 Jul: Added link to YouTube video; added link to NOD 2012 Photos; added link to C&C 27 Class Association Constitution & Rules;
updated broken links; added target=”_blank” for external links.
28 Jul: Updated link to YouTube video.
2 Oct: Added reference & link to Mike O’Sullivan Cup.
26 Jan: DS changed the CC Raftup link to point to a WP page.
27 Jan: HM editorial updates.
14 May: changed link to Buying in the US (now a wordpress page)
14 Aug: updated links to Photos, after Google changed from using the Picasa name.
21 Apr: HM: Changed “web site” to “website”, to adopt newly agreed upon NSC standard.
24 Apr: HM: Updated link to new forum; removed reference to ON Championships. Note that link to all photos is not working. Not fixed. Not clear if this is a temporary issue, or a permanent problem.
Page maintained by H. Morrin.