NOTE: To record your long distance race results, use this link.
Both NSC and BYC have several long distance races on their calendars. The Interclub Long Distance (ILD) series was started in 2008 to stimulate interclub participation and more wide based interest in the long distance races. For the ILD series, one PHRF and one JAM trophy are awarded.
For the ILD we simply selected as counters seven races from the regular NSC and BYC long (and not so long) distance races. The regular Interclub scoring scheme is used and two drops are allowed, if all races are completed.
The seven ILD races are:
- BYC Pinhey’s Point Race (a one way race for JAM and C&C 27, others do the return leg).
- For ILD, JAM will finish at Pinhey’s, PHRF will finish at “S” mark.
- NSC Pinhey’s Point Race (an up-down race).
- Start and finish at “S” mark.
- Queen’s Park Race #1 (a very popular and relatively short long distance race.)
- NSC/BYC Stony Point Race (an up/down race. What used to be separate NSC and BYC races are now combined in this one start, hosted by NSC.)
- Start/Finish is at “S” mark for all classes.
- Queen’s Park Race #2 (a very popular and relatively short long distance race.)
- Queen’s Park Race #3 (a very popular and relatively short long distance race.)
- NSC 20 Mile Race Race (an up/down race.)
NOTE: The information on this page is for information only, and in the event of conflict, the Sailing Instructions take precedence..
Page updated: 2019-04-14.
13 Feb: HM: Added the update log; last previous update: 2014-04-21. Reviewed for currency.
Changed link at top from “http://nsc.ca/nsc_racing/results/finish-times-ld.htm” to
Removed dates, which were 2 years out of date.
Minor editorial changes, including to verb tenses.
Added note that the information on this page is for information only, and in the event of conflict,
the Sailing Instructions take precedence.
14 Apr: Reviewed for currency. Updated the list of races since the previous list included Mohr Island and did not include Queens Park 2 and 3. Left off dates, as per previous note from Hugh.
Page maintained by Chief Scorer.