Notices to Competitors / Sailing Instruction Amendments:
- Amendment #1, 2018-06-23: Sailing Instructions part A section 12.1 is deleted, and replaced with “12.1 Start marks on all courses will be pole marks with red or orange flags. Normal finish marks will be pole marks with red or orange flags.”
Main changes made to the SIs for 2018:
- A new Viper 640 / J-80 fleet will be added to Thursday night; this fleet will start 5 minutes earlier. See Part A, 9.1 and Part E.
- Clarification on Signals Ashore – see Part A, 7.1.
- All protests must now be submitted by email – see Part A, 20.2.
- Submission deadline for all protests is now midnight, the day following the race in question – see Part A, 20.3.
- Clarification on time limits for Post Race Penalties – see Part A, 20.6.
- RC Duty cancellations within 24 hours of duty now get an automatic 2 point penalty – see Part A, 21.10. There is no penalty if you find your own replacement.
- Womens Fleet 1 (Non-coached boats) split in to 1A and 1B – see Part B.
- Clarification on eligibility for Women’s racing, with Flying Sail (FS, aka “PHRF”) and Non-Flying Sail (NFS, aka “JAM”) handicaps – see Part B.
- Minor changes to dinghy scoring – see Part D, 7.1 & 7.2.
- As is customary, the start order of the Sharks and Tanzers switches; in 2018, the Tanzers start ahead of the Sharks. See Part E, 1.1.
- For the Frostbite Series, the Dinghies, Cats & Skiffs will sail the course designated for JAM boats. see Part F, 2.
- Definition of when Spring Series starts, if start is delayed due to BYC gates being in place. See Part G.
- For Long Distance and Upriver races, results are due by midnight the day following the race in question. See Part H, 6.3.
- Interclub Long Distance (ILD) Series: Mohr Island Race no longer part of ILD, but two new Queen’s Park Races added. See Part H.
- Clarification on time for Skippers Meeting, course, and eligibility for Midnight Madness. See Annex A.
- New Women’s Interclub Up-River Race added August 19. See Annex A.
- A new Wednesday afternoon “RUST Cup Series” will be hosted by BYC. More info to follow: see BYC.ca.
- The calendar has been updated, though there is relatively little shuffling of events this year.
In addition to reading the Sailing Instructions, every racer should obtain and read the 2017-2020 version of the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing, and the Sail Canada Prescriptions. These “Rule Books” are available for purchase at the club office.
Page updated: 2018-04-30.
28 Feb: HM: Update Log created. Added last para per meeting with Ross.
20-21 Apr: HM: General update.
25 Apr: HM: Posted 2015 SIs. Changed title from “Sailing Instructions” to “Sailing Instructions & Race Calendar”.
24 Jan: HM: Saved the 2015 SIs as a separate page, and updated this page for 2016.
30 Apr: HM: Posted 2016 SIs.
15 May: HM: Posted Amendment #1.
16 May: HM: Posted Amendment #2.
28 May: HM: Corrected typos which had “first race of the JAM Spring Series (2015-05-19)”, instead of 2016…
15 Sep: HM: Added Amendment #3.
03 Feb: HM: Moved 2016 info to https://nsc.ca/web2/racing/si/2016-nsc-sailing-instructions/. Cleared 2016 info, and noted 2017 SIs would be available in April.
08 Apr: HM: Noted major changes for 2017.
21 Apr: HM: Noted new name for Jacques Adam River Challenge. Added link to 2017 SIs. Added reference/link to BYC SIs.
12 May: HM: Added updated version of SIs to Box (without erroneous references to “2016”, and noted changes accordingly.
13 May: HM: Changed ISAF to World Sailing.
21 Jun: HM: Added amendment #1.
17 Jan: HM: First update for 2018. Created separate file for 2017. Changed name of Fleet Captain.
24 Feb: HM: Started to list changes for 2018.
25 Mar: HM: Added to list changes for 2018.
29 Apr: HM: More updates.
30 Apr: HM: Added link to 2018 SIs.
10 Mar: HM: page created from https://nsc.ca/web2/racing/si/.
Page maintained by H. Morrin.