How does the Jacques Adam River Challenge Work?
Read the SI
Make sure to read the Sailing Instruction first.
- Based on the information available on this site, determine if you should compete;
- Register as a Boat Owner/skipper. This allows you to receive communications from the Regatta Chairs as well as update your information;
- Download, complete and return the Release Form (if not already registered to race with NSC and BYC);
- Register your Boat. This allows the Regatta Chairs to ensure that your boat is eligible and to verify your PHRF handicaps if required;
Register an attempt
- Check the weather forecast, prepare your boat and crew and Register an Attempt. This lets the Regatta Chairs and others know that you will be out on water;
- Race the course you have selected. Be sure to record your times in your log and take some photos along the way. If you have a GPS recording your tracks, even better;
- Edit your Attempt from the List of Registered Attempts. You will need to be logged in to see your previous attempts. Add a note indicating which course the attempt is for. Add a finish time, photos, GPS tracks and perhaps some comments to share with your fellow competitors;
- See how you did in the Open and PHRF categories by checking List of Registered Attempts. If you were really good, you may even show up in the Top 3 Boats on the Home Page;
Brag to your competitors, plan your next attempt
- Be sure to brag about your success to your competitors or plan you next attempt. Regardless of the outcome, thank you for participation in The Challenge.
Spread the word!
- Please share your experience and enrol more competitors. The more, the merrier!
- Jacques Adam River Challenge English poster (PDF File)
- Affiche du Défi de la rivière Jacques Adam (PDF File)
Page maintained by rceditor.