New to sailing or don’t currently have a boat? But love the water and lifestyle? No problem! We’ve all have been there and are a club of boat owners and non-owners alike with a shared passion for sailing. In fact, 35% of our memberships today don’t own their own sail or power boats.
Here are just some of the ways NSC and club membership can help you participate and get on the water this season.
Socialise and Boat:
- Meet fellow boaters and sailors with our year round member’s Social program like the popular Friday night live music series and special family-focus events.
- Access to the clubhouse, deck, and grounds with member’s preferred pricing on ‘Galley’ food and bar.
- Boat, sail, or race as ‘crew’ anytime on your friend’s and family boats.
- Attend any of the weekend club Social Sailing events throughout the season. Just show-up and organisers will help match you with other member boats. No registration required.
- Join the member’s Weekday Sailing group on Tuesday afternoons.
- Charter a club dinghy on your own on member Dinghy Fun Days.
Learn And Sail:
- Attend our NSC Winter Speaker Series on various sailing topics from January to May.
- Enroll your kids in one of the many Youth Sail-Training programs during the summer. Boats and certified instructors provided. NSC Family members receive preferential pricing.
- Take any number of adult sail training courses at NSC with our partner Advantage Boating. Boats and certified instructors provided throughout the season.
- For first-time sailors we’ve even made it easy and bundled an initial Crew and Social membership when you take an entry-level CANSail 1&2 or Basic Keelboat course.
- Looking for a way to sail any time without ownership or maintenance? Join the Sail Share Program and large NSC fleet of Advantage boats. An innovative club-within NSC since 2004, many members have started here before buying their own boats.
Interested in Racing:
- Meet fellow racers and skippers at one of our Spring racing talks or education seminars.
- Contact the Fleet Rep for any of the many NSC Handicap or One Design Fleets your interested in.
- Register with the NSC Crew Bank to be matched with potential skippers looking for crew.
- Come down to the club on any race night and meet up at the Crew Table. Skippers are often looking for last minute spare crew, and this is a great way to connect.
- Join the volunteer NSC Race Committee team to get out on the water for any of NSC’s weekend regattas. No prior experience required, training and mentors provided.
Page maintained by Membership Director.