If you are launching with the commercial cranes this year, please ensure that you are on the Launch List (PDF). If you’re not on the list and interested in using Commercial Launch or if your boat is over 10,000 lbs, please contact our Launch Coordinator to be added to the list.
Plan ahead and be ready
- Block your calendar for the day. While boats are launched in sequence, the timing and order can change for any number of reasons.
- On Launch Day, the yard is closed to all other activity while the commercial cranes are on site, so have your boat ready to go at least the day before Launch.
- Set your alarm so you have lots of time to be at the club before 8:00 a.m.
- Monitor the NSC website every day for any update.
Before Launch Day:
- Ensure that your launch fee is paid….no pay, no lift.
- Make sure that all your boat work is completed. Bottom painting and keel work are not permitted that day.
- Ensure that all thru-hull fittings are closed.
- Check your engine to make sure that it is in working condition and that you have fuel aboard. If you have an outboard, have it on the boat. If you need a tow to your slip, please advise the Launch Coordinator.
- Antifreeze must be removed from your motor before launch, collected and properly disposed of in accordance with the Harbour Environmental Policy.
- Attach bow and stern lines to one side (the same side) of the vessel. The lines should be at least 8 metres (25 feet) long.
- Your vessel should be marked to indicate where the lifting straps should be placed.
- Fenders should be attached to make sure that your highly polished hull doesn’t scrape against the dock.
- Make sure that your name and boat name are painted on your cradle as this will make finding it for Haul-out that much easier.
See you there on Launch Day, bright and early Saturday morning.
Page maintained by Harbourmaster.