Current2: Rainshower, 15°C. Wind: NW at 21 kn. Pressure: 100.5 kPa, falling. Visibility: 5 nm. Relative humidity: 94%.
Tonight2: Cloudy. Showers beginning early this evening. A few thunderstorms this evening. Wind southwest 11 kn gusting to 22 becoming light this evening. Low 13.
Note: All links open in a new window or tab.
Current Local Conditions
Note: the Wind and Weather Station in the NSC yard is out of service.
- Sail Flow — A Virtual Wind report and forecast for NSC
- VentuSky – Graphical area wind, temperature, precipitation
- Weather Cycler — Continous loop through popular wx pages
- Webcam @ BYC — Lake Deschênes view
Current Weather and Forecasts
- 3-Hours Precipitation Forecast — JS Marshall Radar Observatory
- 5-days & Current — Environment Canada (EC) weather for Ottawa North
- 7-days & Current — The Weather Network (TWN) forecast for Ottawa
- Lightning — Environment Canada (EC) Ontario lightning danger map
- Ottawa & Nearby Places — Accuweather forecast
- Weather @ BYC — BYC current wind and predictions
- Wind Finder — Ottawa Airport wind and weather predictions
- Wind Guru — Numerical Wind/Weather analysis
Radar & Satellite Images
- Radar - local — EC Regional radar image
- Radar - Ontario — EC Ontario composite radar image
- Radar - Ottawa Centered — Accuweather Interactive Radar
- Satellite & Radar — TWN Interactive Weather Maps
- Satellite, Various — NOAA Satellite Images
- Hurricane & Storm Tracking — Current and predicted tracks
- Marine Weather — Marine weather observations and forecasts
- Water Level at Britannia — Real-time water levels in graphical format
- Ottawa River Water Levels — Water Levels additional info & links
1 The water level, updated every 2 hrs (Apr-Oct) or 4 hrs (Nov-Mar), is calculated as the difference between Brittania's 57.9 m datum and the latest value in the Environment Canada Weather Office's Data File for Brittania.
Note to racers: The BYC gates must remain in place until the water level drops below ~59.0m, or less than 1.1m above datum.
2 The current and forecast values are extracted every 10 minutes from the Ottawa (Kanata - Orléans) City Page. Wind speeds are converted to knots (kn), and distances to nautical miles (nm).
ISO Abbreviations: kn stands for knot(s), where 1 kn = 1.85 km/h, and nm stands for nautical mile(s) where 1nm = 1.85 km.
Disclaimer: NSC does not warrant the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any data made accessible through this page. The above information and links are provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranty or condition of any nature.
Page updated: 2020-04-27.
Page maintained by Webmaster.