Water level1: 18 cm above datum
Wind at NSC2: NNE at 9 kn, gusting to 14
Current3: Mostly cloudy, -4°C. Wind: N at 11 kn. Pressure: 102.9 kPa, rising. Visibility: 13 nm. Relative humidity: 51%.
Tonight3: Clear early this evening then partly cloudy with 30% chance of flurries overnight. Wind north 11 kn gusting to 22 becoming light this evening. Low minus 8.
Note: Non-NSC links open in a new window or tab.
Current Local Conditions
- Current Conditions at NSC — Collected from sensors in the NSC yard
- Sail Flow — A Virtual Wind report and forecast for NSC
- VentuSky – Graphical area wind, temperature, precipitation
- Weather Cycler — View popular weather pages at 15 seconds internal
- Webcam at BYC — Lake Deschênes view and weather
Current Weather and Forecasts
- 3-Hours Precipitation Forecast — JS Marshall Radar Observatory
- 5-days & Current — Environment Canada (EC) weather for Ottawa North
- 7-days & Current — The Weather Network (TWN) forecast for Ottawa
- 10-days & Current — Intellicast forecast for Ottawa
- Lightning — Environment Canada (EC) Ontario lightning danger map
- Ottawa & Nearby Places — Accuweather forecast
- Wind - Area — Intellicast wind map (3hrs)
- Wind Finder — Ottawa Airport wind and weather predictions
- Wind Guru — Numerical Wind/Weather analysis
Radar & Satellite Images
- Radar - local — EC Regional radar image
- Radar - Ontario — EC Ontario composite radar image
- Radar - Ottawa Centered — Accuweather Interactive Radar
- Radar - Eastern N.A. — Intellicast US Radar
- Satellite & Radar — TWN Interactive Weather Maps
- Satellite, Various — NOAA Satellite Images
- Surface Analysis — Intellicast North America current conditions
- Hurricane & Storm Tracking — Current and predicted tracks
- Marine Weather — Marine weather observations and forecasts
- Water Level at Britannia — Real-time water levels in graphical format
- Ottawa River Water Levels — Water Levels additional info & links
1 The water level variation is calculated as the difference between Britannia's datum of 57.9 m and the latest value in the Environment Canada Water Offfice's Hourly CSV Data File for Britannia, updated every 4 hours.
Note to racers: The BYC gates must remain in place until the water level drops below ~59.0m, or less than 1.1m above datum.
2 The NSC wind data, updated every 10 minutes, is collected from a weather station in the NSC yard. Sensor out of order is displayed whenever no new data is recorded over the past half-hour.
3 The current and forecast values are extracted every 10 minutes from the Ottawa (Kanata - Orléans) City Page. Wind speeds are converted to knots (kn), and distances to nautical miles (nm).
ISO Abbreviations: kn stands for knot(s), where 1 kn = 1.85 km/h, and nm stands for nautical mile(s) where 1nm = 1.85 km.
Disclaimer: NSC does not warrant the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any of the links or data presented in this page. The information is provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranty or condition of any nature.
Page updated: 2017-07-15.
Page maintained by Webmaster.