NSC Speakers Series – 2021 Season – the virtual edition
January 21 – April 14, 2021 Wednesdays at 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm
Events are open to members and non-members alike!
Nepean Sailing Club, 3259 Carling Avenue, Ottawa
updated as of Jan28, 2021
This series of talks, open to the entire sailing and boating community of Ottawa, is volunteer run. Presenters share their boating and sailing experiences as well as water-based adventures in different parts of the world.
This is one of the best kept secrets of winter for sailors and boaters! All are welcome. There is no charge for attendance.
Presentation will be via Zoom Webinar. The link for each will be published one week in advance on nsc.ca.
The following schedule is subject to change. Please check back regularly in case a speaker has to reschedule
- Jan 27 Rod Riley: Aftermath; Recovery after two hurricanes!
- Feb 3 David Meek: Cruising in the Eastern Caribbean
- Feb 10 John Lunn: Hobie 16 World Championships, held in Captiva Island FL
- Feb 17 Tony Wright: On the water in the Galapagos and on the Amazon
- Feb 24 John Rae CCI: Foils & Rudders
- Mar 3 Greg Johnson: How to get your pilot’s license – foiling catamarans based at NSC
- Mar 10 Ron Schute & Doris Parolin – Advantage Boating: Leaving Winter Behind –
Discovering the Windward Islands
- Mar 17 Judy Piel, Richard Pessah & Tony Wright: From dream to reality. How “Bring on the Bay” became the largest open water swim in Eastern Canada
- Mar 24 Dr Cathy Duchesne & Dominic Goodwill: Concussion in sailing – how to recognize it and what to do
- Mar 31 Ian Torrie: Taking the Plunge, Musings on the First Year of Live-aboard Life: Ian Torrie
- Apr 7 Mike Thompson Fleet Director: Racing and sailing programs and more
- Apr 14 David Neasmith , Rear Commodore: Using harbour facilities and more
You can find previous Winter Speaker sessions on YouTube on the NSC YouTube channel. A playlist for all of them is here.
Page maintained by Speaker Coordinator.