- Ottawa River @ Britannia – Graphical — Real-time water levels in graphical format.
- Water Levels and Flows — Ottawa River level Forecasts.
- Ottawa Historical Levels — Monthly and annual mean water levels since 1950.
The Mean Water Level datum at Britannia is 57.9 m.
- The BYC gates cannot be removed until the water level drops to roughly 59.0 m.
- During the 2017 flood, the water level reached a peak of 60.44 m.
- During the 2019 flood, the water level reached a peak of 60.70 m on the evening of 2019-04-30. That’s 2.8 m, or 9′ 2″, above datum. The second peak was at 60.61 m in the early morning of 2019-05-14.
- At a water level of 60.15 m, the water will be at the top of the south crane well; at 60.20 m, it will be at the top of the north crane well. The service docks cannot be attached if the water level is above approximately 59.7 m.
- The first link above is from Environment Canada; the latter two are from the Ottawa River Regulation Planning Board website.
Page updated: 2019-06-08.
Page maintained by D. Servranckx.