- Ottawa River Water Level — Graphical depiction of water level at Britannia (station 02KF005) over the past 48 hours. Data from Environment Canada.
- Lac Deschênes at Britannia — A graphical depiction of current & forecast water levels, along with median and historical high and low levels, from the Ottawa River Regulation Planning Board (ORRPB).
- Ottawa River Water Levels — Real-time and historic water levels in graphical and tabular format for station 02KF005 (Britannia) from Environment Canada.
- Ottawa Historical Levels — Monthly and annual mean water levels in table format since 1950, from the Ottawa River Regulation Planning Board (ORRPB).
The Mean Water Level datum at Britannia is 57.9 m.
- The BYC gates cannot be removed until the water level drops to roughly 59.0 m.
- During the 2017 flood, the water level reached a peak of 60.44 m.
- During the 2019 flood, the water level reached a peak of 60.70 m on the evening of 2019-04-30. That’s 2.8 m, or 9′ 2″, above datum. The second peak was at 60.61 m in the early morning of 2019-05-14.
- At a water level of 60.15 m, the water will be at the top of the south crane well; at 60.20 m, it will be at the top of the north crane well. The service docks cannot be attached if the water level is above approximately 59.7 m.
- The first link above is from Environment Canada; the latter two are from the Ottawa River Regulation Planning Board website.
Page updated: 2020-10-21.
12 Jan: HM: Created this update log. Updated link for http://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/real_time_e.html?stn=02KF005.
13 Jan: HM: Deleted duplicate link.
02 May: HM: Added notes about 2017 and 2019 floods.
08 Jun: HM: Added notes about water levels and crane well walls, and connecting service docks.
09 Apr: HM: Renamed second bullet from “Water Levels and Flows — Ottawa River level Forecasts” to “Lake Deschenes at Britannia – A graphical depiction of current & forecast water levels, along with median and historical high and low levels.” Updated links to second and third bullets.
20 Oct: HM: Re-ordered links. Added link to https://nsc.ca/web2/weather/water-level-at-britannia/ (past 48 hours). Updated link “http://ottawariver.ca/forecast/lake-deschenes-at-britannia” to “http://ottawariver.ca/location/britannia/. Other editorial updates.
Note: as of 2020-10-21, ottawariver.ca/forecasts/britannia/ redirects to http://ottawariver.ca/location/britannia/, but during the spring Freshnet, I believe the first link will be active.
Page maintained by Webmaster.