In August, 2020, William “Bill” James offered his C&C 27 “Sesiya” to the Nepean Sailing Club for use in its Sail Training & Able Sail programs; on October 6, 2020, Sesiya arrived in Ottawa. This, and related, pages provide the history of Sesiya, and how she came to NSC.
Sesiya’s life before NSC
- The Boat – A description of the Sesiya.
- Sesiya – The origin and background to this unique name.
- The James Family – A few notes about the donors of Sesiya.
- Photographs – A collection of photographs from Sesiya’s first 44 years, compliments of the James family.
- The Log Books – Lyn James maintained beautiful artistic logbooks for Sesiya from 1976-1990.
- Parry Sound to Charlevoix – A 1,200 km single-handed voyage in 2013.
Sesiya’s move to NSC
- The Offer – Insight into how NSC came to acquire Sesiya.
- NSC’s Acceptance – Considerations in accepting Sesiya.
- From Parry Sound to NSC – Sesiya’s move to Ottawa.
Sesiya’s life at NSC
- Sesiya’s Intended Use – Options for how Sesiya might be used at NSC.
- Volunteering Opportunities – Sesiya is being maintained by a team of volunteers. Send Hugh an email if you’re interested in helping out.
- For a collection of photos, see this Flickr album of Sesiya photos.
Page updated: 2020-10-24.
2020-08-23: HM: Added Page created.
2020-10-04: Removed password protection. Updated intro.
2020-10-07: Split “Sesiya’s life before NSC, and her move to NSC” into 2 headings. Updated material.
2020-10-13: Reworded “acquisition”; added “From Parry Sound to NSC”; added link to Flickr photos.
2020-10-14: Added “Sesiya’s Intended Use”, “From Parry Sound to NSC”.
2020-10-15: HM: Typo corrected (useage).
2020-10-24: HM: Removed reference to the Trailer.
Page maintained by H. Morrin.