During Season text:
The 2017 Sailing Instructions & Race Calendar are now available as a pdf. See below for a list of the major changes. Page 2 of the SIs shows the Series calendar, and pages 3 & 4 show the Weekend and Special Events calendar, but this information is also available on the NSC Google Calendar.
The NSC SIs have been coordinated, and are aligned, with the BYC SIs, both of which address our Interclub racing program.
Notices to Competitors / Sailing Instruction Amendments:
- Amendment #1, 2018-XX-XX: Not yet…
Main changes made to the SIs for 2018:
- Clarification on Signals Ashore – see Part A, 7.1.
- Clarification on time limits for Post Race Penalties – see Part A, 20.6.
- Womens Fleet 1 (Non-coached boats) split in to 1A and 1B – see Part B.
- Clarification on eligibility for Women’s racing, with Flying Sail (FS, aka “PHRF”) and Non-Flying Sail (NFS, aka “JAM”) handicaps – see Part B.
- Definition of when Spring Series starts, if start is delayed due to BYC gates being in place. See Part G.
- For Long Distance and Upriver races, results and protests are due by midnight the day following the race in question. See Part A, 20.3, and Part H, 5.3.
- Interclub Long Distance (ILD) Series: Mohr Island Race no longer part of ILD, but two new Queen’s Park Races added. See Part H.
- New Women’s Long Distance Race added August 19.
- As is customary, the start order of the Sharks and Tanzers switches; in 2018, the Tanzers start ahead of the Sharks. See Part E, 1.1.
- The calendar has been updated, though there is relatively little shuffling of events this year.
In addition to reading the Sailing Instructions, every racer should obtain and read the 2017-2020 version of the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing, and the Sail Canada Prescriptions. These “Rule Books” are available for purchase at the club office.
Page updated: 2018-02-24.
28 Feb: HM: Update Log created. Added last para per meeting with Ross.
20-21 Apr: HM: General update.
25 Apr: HM: Posted 2015 SIs. Changed title from “Sailing Instructions” to “Sailing Instructions & Race Calendar”.
24 Jan: HM: Saved the 2015 SIs as a separate page, and updated this page for 2016.
30 Apr: HM: Posted 2016 SIs.
15 May: HM: Posted Amendment #1.
16 May: HM: Posted Amendment #2.
28 May: HM: Corrected typos which had “first race of the JAM Spring Series (2015-05-19)”, instead of 2016…
15 Sep: HM: Added Amendment #3.
03 Feb: HM: Moved 2016 info to https://nsc.ca/web2/racing/si/2016-nsc-sailing-instructions/. Cleared 2016 info, and noted 2017 SIs would be available in April.
08 Apr: HM: Noted major changes for 2017.
21 Apr: HM: Noted new name for Jacques Adam River Challenge. Added link to 2017 SIs. Added reference/link to BYC SIs.
12 May: HM: Added updated version of SIs to Box (without erroneous references to “2016”, and noted changes accordingly.
13 May: HM: Changed ISAF to World Sailing.
21 Jun: HM: Added amendment #1.
17 Jan: HM: First update for 2018. Created separate file for 2017. Changed name of Fleet Captain.
24 Feb: HM: Started to list changes for 2018.
Page maintained by H. Morrin.