The purpose of this page is to provide support information for Volunteer Regatta Organisers at NSC.
NSC’s Regattas are organized by teams of volunteers with support from Club staff. Getting involved in a regatta is a great way to enjoy the social aspect of NSC, as well as contribute to welcoming both local and out-of-town sailors. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer, with work you can do from home or at the club, as well as commitments from as little as 2 hours per event. If you are interested in lending your time to help with one of NSC’s regattas please email fleet at nsc.ca.
For more info on our local events, see:
References for Regatta Organisers
- World Sailing event organiser resource centre, including templates for Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions.
- World SailingRace Management manual pdf (no longer published on World Sailing event organiser resource centre page).
- Sail Canada Race Management resources page.
- Sail Canada Race Management manual pdf (no longer published on Sail Canada Race Management resources page).
- Sail Canada ‘Find an Official’ page.
- Ontario Sailing Regatta Organisation Page.
- NSC Regatta Support Files on Box.net folder, including:
- Detailed Guide for NSC Regatta Organisers – March 2012
- Operations Procedure for NSC Hosted Events – March 2012
- Standard NSC Clauses for Regatta NOR’s – April 2016
- NOD Sponsorship Guide – December 2015 (this is specific to the NOD Regatta, but provides great guidelines for managing Sponsorship for NSC regattas)
- Presentations from 2009 Workshop on Regatta organisation covering Team, Budget, Sponsorship, On Shore Support, PRO, and Marketing – the material is still relevant, today!
- Regatta Safety Policy
- NSC-Expense Claim Form
Regatta Specific Folders
This is a living database. Notes for the regatta specific files: Not everything from each year needs to be uploaded, but we leave it up to the regatta chair to use their judgement on what should be stored here. It is encouraged for regatta chairs to think about posting files that will not only help the efficiency of their successor, but also that of Chairs of other NSC regattas. Send files to the Fleet captain for posting and we will set up a link to the folder below.
- Ottawa Skiff and Cat Grand Prix.
- Nepean One Design Regattas.
- FANFARE Regattas.
- NCC National Capital Cup Regattas.
- Nepean Cup Match Racing Regattas, last held 2011.
Specifics for Race Officials:
- OSA Race Officers page.
- Sail Canada Race Management page.
- Sail Canada Race Officials page.
- World Sailing Race Officials page.
Information for Scorers:
- Regatta and series scorers, please visit the Scorers’ Page.
Page updated: 2021-12-31.
?? Feb: DS: WordPressed the page.
21 Feb: HM: Gave Fleet Captain ownership of page.
22 Feb: RE: Updated links to Sail Canada and OSA related pages. Added some revised content to BOX folder and noted here on page. Added missing Box folder links to Regatta files.
26 Feb: RE: Added notes to this displaynone update log. Add SC ‘Find an Official’ link.
2 Apr: RE: Added document on standard NSC NOR clauses
15 May: HM: Changed “ISAF” to “World Sailing”.2021-12-30, Dominic Goodwill: Added link to World Sailing race management docs. Updated Sail Canada links.
Updated and added to NSC past-events links.
2021-12-31, HM: Updated calendar link. Removed “https://nsc.ca/”. Made external links open in a new tab.
Fixed link to Scorers’ Page. Updated page publish date – was 2012.
2022-03-02: DG: Updated link to World Sailing resources
NOTE: Update the publish date and time when updating page.
Page maintained by Fleet Captain.